Rising Star Award
Every year, at the Women’s Bond Club’s premier event, the Merit Award Dinner, the Rising Star award is given to a nominee from each Corporate Member Firm.
The Women’s Bond Club believes that it is important to cultivate the next generation of
women leaders in the financial services industry. The Club is committed to providing
networking and development opportunities to aspiring women leaders on Wall Street through
its Rising Star Program. The WBC’s Rising Star Award program, aligning to the Club
motto, Lead, Learn and Return, provides:
- Recognition of achievements and potential of emerging leaders
- A network outside of Corporate membership to support women exhibiting strong talent
- Leadership training to supply the tools and advice to women who have demonstrated the strength to become leaders in the financial community
- The opportunity for Corporate membership to give back to exceptional women and help contribute to the growth of the WBC
- Encouragement to become more active in the Club by expanding one’s network through committee involvement and attendance at WBC events
Rising Stars are recognized individually at the Women’s Bond Club’s premier event, the
annual Merit Award Dinner, where their biographies and photos are featured in the event
program. Also they are hosted at a special post dinner reception held in their honor.
The coaching program for Rising Stars is designed to cultivate the next generation of women leaders in the financial services industry. The Women’s Bond Club retains CRA Inc. to offer team coaching to our Rising Stars. CRA is a leadership development firm that provides executive coaching to senior leaders in a variety of organizations, many of whom are in financial services.
Program participants meet as a “coaching team” for one half-day session per month for six months, addressing leadership skills, relationship building, and individual development goals. Each session focuses on a particular leadership development topic based on input from the group during the previous month’s sessions. Each participant is also asked to collect feedback from their own organizations to inform the discussions. In between sessions, the participants practice incorporating two to three specific new behaviors in their daily work, helping them to develop their own leadership style.
The Rising Star honor is awarded to young women who:
- Are in the early stages of their careers with 5-8 years of industry experience
- Have already demonstrated leadership qualities
- Are expected to be future leaders
- Are committed to being involved in a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Are willing to participate in an executive coaching program once a month for a half day between September and April during the work day organized by the Women’s Bond Club and delivered by an outstanding professional coach
Additional Recognition to Rising Stars:
As a Rising Star, the following will be also provided:
- Bio and photo included in the program for the Women’s Bond Club’s premier event, the annual Merit Award Dinner
- Formal recognition of each Rising Star during the Merit Award Dinner
- Special post dinner reception dedicated to honoring the Rising Stars